The financial planning process generally involves a number of key steps. By following these steps, you get an understanding of where you are today, where you want to be in the future and what is required to get there. The steps include:
1. Collecting your financial data - such as details of your income (pay slips, invoices and so on will help), debt level (mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, HECSHELP and so on) - to determine your current financial position.
2. Developing a budget that demonstrates your spending habits. We have attached an online budget that can help you.
3. Identifying and then prioritising your lifestyle goals and financial goals.
4. Outlining any financial issues. A financial planner will tell you if there are any gaps between where you are now financially and where you want to be.
5. Preparing your financial plan with the appropriate strategies to help you achieve your goals.
6. Implementing your financial plan once you understand and are comfortable with the recommendations.
7. Reviewing and revising your plan at least annually, to ensure it stays on track even when personal circumstances or the economic environment (interest rates, job prospects and so on) changes.
Fund of the Year AustralianSuper Best in Show - MySuper Lifecycle Sunsuper for life Best in Show - MySuper Product AustralianSuper Best in Show - Workplace UniSuper Best in Show - Personal AustralianSuper ... Watch video
The Financial Standard Investment Leadership Awards recognise investment strategies that showcase qualities investors are looking for in an investment manager. What makes these awards different from others? ... Watch video
Research reveals true value of advice7 April 2021, 12:42pmUnadvised Australians are open to receiving financial advice, according to an IOOF survey, which also highlighted the qualitative benefits that improve lifestyles and overall wellbeing. Read more
ESG managed accounts on the rise7 April 2021, 12:05pmFinancial advisers are turning to managed accounts when looking to implement responsible investment solutions for their clients, new research shows. Read more