The financial planning process generally involves a number of key steps. By following these steps, you get an understanding of where you are today, where you want to be in the future and what is required to get there. The steps include:
2. Developing a budget that demonstrates your spending habits. We have attached an online budget that can help you.
3. Identifying and then prioritising your lifestyle goals and financial goals.
4. Outlining any financial issues. A financial planner will tell you if there are any gaps between where you are now financially and where you want to be.
5. Preparing your financial plan with the appropriate strategies to help you achieve your goals.
6. Implementing your financial plan once you understand and are comfortable with the recommendations.
7. Reviewing and revising your plan at least annually, to ensure it stays on track even when personal circumstances or the economic environment (interest rates, job prospects and so on) changes.
As goals-based advice continues to become an increasingly important part of an adviser's offering and service delivery, investment platforms are playing a pivotal role in bridging the relationship ... Watch video
Advisers share their personal experience on how their aged care services have assisted their business practice Discussion on what were the key hurdles at the start of the transition and how they have ... Watch video
Common objectives and how they can be dealt with; Estate planning for young families and older clients and blended families - what engages the clients. Asset protection - the risks arising from blended ... Watch video
Vanguard pilots new robo offering19 September 2019, 11:52amAccording to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Vanguard is launching a new digital-only financial planning service through Vanguard Advisors. Read more